Monday 26 August 2019

macos - Take a screen shot of a scrolling window that includes off-screen parts



On the Mac, how can I take a screen shot of a window that includes the parts that are off-screen and need scrolling to become visible?


The built-in Grab application can capture individual windows, but it only includes the parts that are on-screen at the moment.


Clarification: By "off-screen" I mean parts that are in the window, but are not visible, because the window has scrollbars. I do not mean parts of the window that are simply off-screen because of how the window is positioned (of course, I want those, too).



Answer



LittleSnapper will capture whole web pages, but not capture scrolled window contents in applications such as Finder.


Here is a website with 6 Screenshot Utilities (including LittleSnapper and some others that will capture whole pages).


There is a utility specifically for Finder listings called Print Window.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...