Saturday 31 August 2019

How can I view pdf meta-data in Windows Explorer?

I unsuccessfully used the "pages" feature in Windows Explorer, as well as in Directory Opus 10 and Free Commander XT (which I installed just for that reason, to try it out) to display the page count of multiple PDFs in a folder.


All my PDF's are free to edit, i.e. not write-protected. I don't understand why any PDF reader can display the (correct) page number, but none of the file explorers can? (In the "details" view of course.)


The only documents whose page count is displayed are MS Word documents.


As you know for such information a Shell Extension Handler for PDF should be installed, but is there any?


On a side-note: Did that change in Windows 8?


Initial research: Google search was unsuccessful, the only slightly related SE topic I found was "How to count pages in multiple PDF files?".


Windows 7 Home Professional 64b

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...