Friday 30 August 2019

FFMPEG convert flv to mp4 without losing quality

Currently I'm converting .flv flash files to .webm and .mp4 files to be used with an HTML5 video player.


_


I use this ffmpeg command for WEBM: ffmpeg -i filename.flv -vcodec libvpx -acodec libvorbis filename.webm which works great and the file size stays relatively the same (imporatant).


_


For MP4 I'm using the following: ffmpeg -i filename.flv -sameq -ar 22050 filename.mp4


It converts to .mp4 fine and prevents any quality loss but the file size almost triples in size.


What ffmpeg formula could be used to convert to MP4 without losing too much quality and preventing a much higher file size?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...