Wednesday 28 August 2019

windows xp - Microsoft Security Essentials for a business


This is 2 questions really -




  1. Am I allowed to install Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0 in a business of 200 - 300 users?




  2. Is Microsoft Security Essentials 1.0 adequate protection (real-time scanning, updates etc)?





Answer



Answer 1: Unfortunately, no. The license specifically states in the first bullet point in section 1



You may install and use any number of copies of the software on your devices in your household for use by people who reside there or for use in your home-based small business.



Answer 2: It sounds good to me, though I haven't looked at any lab comparisons yet. I have started recommending it to co-workers for their home computers -- it's a lot better than nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...