Friday 30 August 2019

networking - How to increase wifi speed for laptops


Now, Let me explain the situation.


I am having a query regarding Wi-Fi network. I am having PC & laptop.


I requested my Wi-Fi providers that I want connection in my PC. So that - Wi-Fi provider set up an Antenna on my building Terrace - They joined a cable to pc & that Antenna. ( I think using RJ45 connector ) - The reason behind this - my does not have a built in Wi-Fi adapter.


Now - almost laptops have built in Wi-Fi. Now - On terrace there is Wi-Fi with superb speed. But on my flat - Wi-fi comes with low speed.


So, when ever I use internet on my pc - it has great speed - but my laptop works with low speed.


The reason behind this - PC is catching wifi from terrace & laptop is catching the wifi from it's own place.


Now, My question is something like this.


Can we place an antenna or something like that & connect it to laptop for better wifi speed? ( I am not technical person - Please add comment for down vote - if any ) ( Please add comment for more explanation of my Problem )


Thanks in advance for sharing your knowledge.


Sagar



Answer



What you're looking for is an external Wi-Fi Antenna.



Directional Antennas WiFi Yagi Antenna ----- Directional antennas are used for Point-to-Point or sometimes for Multi-Point systems depending on the setup. If you are trying to go from one location (say for instance your router), to another location, this is the type of antenna we recommend. Directional antennas are Backfires, Yagi, Panel and dish type antennas.


Omni-Directional ---- This is the common “Base” antenna used for Point-to-Multi-Point or can be an omni-directional antenna for your car. An Omni-Directional antenna would serve as your main antenna to distribute the signal to other computers or devices (such as wireless printers, PDAs, etc) in your workgroup. You can use 2 Omni-Directional antennas for a point to point system, but this is usually not recommended because there is no real point to distributing your signal all over the place when you only want to going from point A to point B. Please refer to Directional antennas above. Typical Omni-Directional WiFi antennas consist of Vertical Omnis, Ceiling Domes, Rubber ducks, Small Desktops and Mobile vertical antennas.


Point-to-Point ----- Point-to-Point systems usually involve 2 different wireless points, or building to building wireless connections. But there are exceptions to every rule. If the access point is across a long valley and the owner of the system wishes to share the connection with multiple users on the other side of the valley. This would be a point to Multi-Point system but using directional antennas.



From Selecting a Wi-Fi Antenna.


There are also people who have modified their computer to accept coaxial type connections for the purpose of increasing the range of their Wi-Fi cards.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...