Sunday 17 November 2019

windows - Use different drivers for multiple USB devices with identical Vendor and Product IDs

I have two USB Bluetooth adapters that both identify themselves with the Vendor ID 0x0A12 (Cambridge Silicon Radio Ltd.), and the Product ID 0x0001. They have different 'REV' values listed under Hardware Ids in the details tab of Device Manager, which seems to correspond to the bcdDevice field in USB Device Viewer from the Windows 10 WDK. The devices are also on different Hubs and Ports, one being attached to the front of my computer and the other to a hub on my monitor.


I'd like to use a different driver with each adapter; the standard Windows Bluetooth driver with one, and a wireless game controller driver with the other. The Windows driver is installed automatically when I connect the adapters, but when I install the game controller driver on one of the adapters, the other adapter starts using that driver as well, leaving me with no Bluetooth functionality.


How can I get Windows to use a different driver for each adapter?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...