Tuesday 12 November 2019

vlc media player - How do I install vlc-srpos-plugin on Ubuntu?

I'm trying to install vlc-srpos-plugin (a VLC plugin that remembers your video position) on Ubuntu.


I've downloaded and extracted libsrpos_plugin-*.tar.gz (for Linux or Unix systems)


The instructions say:



Unix/Linux and similar systems: Build and install plugin module (Use configure options to specify VLC include/library/output paths (--with-vlc-*-path options)):


 ./configure  
make
make install

When I run ./configure without options I get configure: error: VLC plugin headers not found, but I can't work out what --with-vlc-*-path option values to use.


The relevant options seem to have these names:


$ grep "\-\-with\-vlc\-" configure
--with-vlc-include-path location of the VLC SDK headers, defaults to
--with-vlc-lib-path location of the vlccore library
--with-vlc-plugin-path location of the VLC plugin modules, defaults to

but what values should I use for Ubuntu 12.04?


Extra info:


$ whereis vlc
vlc: /usr/bin/vlc /etc/vlc /usr/lib/vlc /usr/bin/X11/vlc /usr/share/vlc /usr/share/man/man1/vlc.1.gz

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...