Saturday 2 November 2019

macos - Automount SMB using keychain password

Is there a way to use the automount service to mount my NAS share but without specifying my password in my SMB path?


Currently, I have the following:


/etc/auto_master


#
# Automounter master map
#
+auto_master # Use directory service
/net -hosts -nobrowse,hidefromfinder,nosuid
/home auto_home -nobrowse,hidefromfinder
/Network/Servers -fstab
/- -static
/Volumes/NAS1 auto_nas

/etc/auto_nas


home    -fstype=smbfs,soft smb://ericb:mypassword@NAS1/home

But I would like to remove "mypassword" from the config file and have automount use the data stored in the keychain.


Is this possible?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...