Sunday 17 November 2019

email - How to identify the emacs keybinding for something in the GUI?

I started using mu4e for email in emacs recently, and while I was successfully able to configure my email and get comfortable with the general navigations for keys, I can't seem to find the good old fashioned "send-message" keybinding that's C-ENTER for a lot of email clients.


I've looked through this excellent list, but wasn't there.


I know my configuration works because when I click that button the GUI here, where the cursor is, it sends:


enter image description here


So, I'm wondering two things:



  1. Minor question: what is the function that is sending email? I'm using smtpmail, I think, for my actual send, if that changes anything.

  2. Major question: What's the best way to identify the keystrokes that control the functions in the GUI? (I'm using emacs so I don't have to click buttons!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...