Wednesday 20 November 2019

Completely reset HP 6730b with BIOS password


I have an HP 6730b laptop with a BIOS password and Windows XP password. I do not need any of the content on the disk, I would just like to be able to reset everything and start again from scratch.


Is there any way to achieve this?


Edit: It appears that HP Credential Manager has been used to password the BIOS. This could be why none of the methods I have tried are working.



Answer



None of the answers above worked, but I did manage to restore it, this is what I did:



  • Took the hard drive out and put it in the same model computer.

  • Booted to the Windows XP install CD, and installed XP.

  • Put the hard drive back into the original computer.


Voila! Of course, for this to work, you need another computer which is the same model. I was lucky enough to have one.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...