Friday 1 November 2019

Add shared OneDrive folder to my OneDrive for Business and not my OneDrive

I am collaborating with several other people on a project for work. We want to use OneDrive to manage the file sharing. I have received an invitation to share and edit a folder from one of my collaborators. When I click on "Add to My OneDrive" or "Add to my shared list", I am prompted to log in to my Microsoft account. When I try to log in with my Office365/OneDrive for Business credentials given to me by my employer, I get the error that it is not a valid Microsoft account/password.


I do not want to mix my personal and work OneDrives. I also expect that this project might exceed the free OneDrive space allocated to my Microsoft Live account, which began its existence as an Xbox Live account. This account also does not have full Office 365 access. How can I get this folder to be added to my OneDrive for Business and not my OneDrive? Is there a way from within OneDrive for Business (or the client) to open a shared link directly after I have logged in?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...