Thursday 19 September 2019

How to determine which program is making a certain sound in windows 7?


I'm experiencing an annoying "female robotic" sound effect saying "loading complete" at uncertain interval in windows 7.


I want to shut down that noise for good. To do that, I have to determine which program is making this sound. I tried to open the "sound mixer" window, only to find to program last made any sound, one is official GTalk client, one is system sound. I tried to close GTalk and the sound still existed.


I started experiencing this issue not long after I installed a "driver" program for Rapoo E9198 wireless keyboard.



Answer



Those sounds come from your Google Chrome/Firefox extension called "Magic Actions for YouTube™. When any YouTube video is completely loaded these sounds are played. You can disable this feature in extension's options.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...