Sunday 22 September 2019

router - What is the advantage of Dual-Band Wireless?


I've been looking around for a good wireless router, and I've been seeing a lot of dual-band routers, but everyone I've asked at the stores seems to give me a different answer as to what it actually does. So I'd like to ask the wireless gurus over here at SU, what are the advantages and disadvantages to using the cliche dual-band wireless routers?



Answer



802.11b and 802.11g both use the same frequency band, 2.4Ghz. 802.11n can also use the 5Ghz frequency band. By using this area as well as 2.4 you get more available channels, so potential for less interference. Also in the 5Ghz band 802.11n uses channels which are twice as large, which increases the speed.


Therefore a dual-band wireless router, which is 802.11n enabled, will give you faster bandwidth, less interference, and better reliability.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...