Tuesday 24 September 2019

windows 7 - What is the difference between "local" and "roaming" folders?




Possible Duplicate:
Why are there directories called Local, LocalLow, and Roaming under \Users\?



I've been poking around some of folders on my Windows 7 Home Premium install, and I've noticed that in AppData I now have three folders:



  • Local

  • LocalLow

  • Roaming


What is the difference between all of these three folders?



Answer



Local stays with the user on that specific computer.


If you are on a domain, a "roaming" profile will be uploaded before you logoff. When you log onto another computer with roaming folders, all of your files in the roaming folder will be at the new computer too.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...