Monday 23 September 2019

linux - putty to specific tty

Ubuntu server 12.04 Windows client 7 SP1


I use Putty to Ubuntu from Windows to do stuff.


During Ubuntu boot, I have some tasks in various tty's. tty2 starts a heyu monitor program, tty3 starts a home automation prog...


I have installed linuxvnc in Ubuntu and can use realvnc on Windows to view these tty's, but it has some issues.


I much prefer putty, is there a way I can open a putty session to a 'specific' tty?


When I log in using putty, then type tty, the response is /dev/pts/1


Is there a way I can either log in directly to /dev/tty2, or failing that, switch to tty2 from within the current putty session?


Thanks, Mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...