Saturday 28 September 2019

Create New Spreadsheet of data from many Excel workbooks

In retrospect, this is an issue of data-collection, but I want to see if there is an easy way to do it without doing each file.


I have about 350 separate Excel workbooks. Each workbook has a bit of information pertaining to one individual.


What I want to do is create a simply spreadsheet of everyone with the necessary data, so it is then usable.


To give you an idea. A1 lists "Name" with B1 having the person's name. A2 has "Last 4 SSN" and B2 has the 4 digits.


Then A3 has the word "Year", then A4 "2014 est", A5 - "2013", A6 - "2012, etc, to 2009.


Then in Row 3 from B to N there are different pieces of information.


What I want to do, if possible, is have a master spreadsheet with columns of name, last 4 ssn, and then years for each of the pieces of data. ie. 2013-Interest


Is this even possible?I hope this makes sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...