Monday 23 September 2019

debian - Is apt-cacher-ng ready for multiplatform support?


I have a Wandboard running Debian Jessie at home (it's an ARM Cortex-A9). A 3TB HD is attached to it. It's mainly my NAS + Remote Access, but I would like to use it as a caching mirror for apt. (I've 5 other PCs (x86) running Linux at home, and sometimes I need to install the same software on all of them.)


apt-cacher-ng seems to solve this for me, but I was not able to find in the documentation if it can be used across different architectures.


Is apt-cacher-ng ready for that? If not, is there some tweak that can be be done for that to work?



Answer



Yes, apt-cacher-ng works fine with multiple architectures. I've never noticed any problems from using it with multiple architectures, nor any configuration options related to this. I suspect it's not mentioned in the documentation because it just works. My system has cached .deb files from multiple architectures on it at the moment, and I'm pretty sure I'm using the default configuration.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...