Wednesday 25 September 2019

How to make a bootable windows USB in Kali Linux


When I tried to boot my PC into Windows 10 I got a screen with a sad face saying unmountable_boot_volume.


After searching it said I needed a Windows 10 USB or CD which I do not have.


I still have access to Kali Linux on my PC by booting up with my SSD.


How can I make a bootable Windows USB with a ISO in Kali Linux OS?



Answer



You can create a bootable usb using the command dd :


sudo dd if=/path/to/windows.iso of=/dev/sdx bs=4M
sync

example: the output of fdisk -l is /dev/sdb1 :


sudo dd if=/home/user/Downloads/windows.iso of=/dev/sdb
sync

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...