Tuesday 24 September 2019

linux - Is there a way to restrict read access to pages in MediaWiki?

I have a MediaWiki site which is available for public view, and I want to keep it that way, but I would like to make certain pages private -- and viewable only by me. I know this kind of goes against the entire purpose of a wiki, but to heck with that. I don't let anyone sign up as an editor of the wiki -- I'm actually using MediaWiki as a CMS, when you get right down to it. This MediaWiki site is hosted on a Linux server.


Yes, I know about "protecting" a page from certain editors, but I want certain pages invisible or not viewable except by specific users. I need a MediaWiki-based solution -- whether in the markup, or in the underlying PHP.


If this isn't possible in the markup or the PHP, then fine, that's the answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...