Sunday 22 September 2019

linux - How to upgrade from PHP v5.4 to PHP v5.5 in bitnami ubuntu

I am using a bitnami ubuntu server.


When I run the below command


/usr/bin/php -v
PHP 5.5.9-1ubuntu4.17 (cli)

and if I run following command


php -v
PHP 5.4.34 (cli)

I don't know where I am wrong. I also tried to install in using apt-get install php5 but version is not updated.


Below are some details


which php
/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php

and this one


locate bin/php

/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php
/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php-cgi
/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php-cgi.bin
/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php-config
/opt/bitnami/php/bin/php.bin
/opt/bitnami/php/bin/phpize
/opt/bitnami/php/sbin/php-fpm
/usr/bin/php
/usr/bin/php5
/usr/sbin/php5dismod
/usr/sbin/php5enmod
/usr/sbin/php5query

I want to upgrade php 5.4 to php 5.5 but I don't know where I am wrong. Can anyone give me insight ?


I referred This answer and followed same steps but this doesn't resolved my issue. The thing is that it may applicable to ubuntu but for bitnami - it is not applying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...