Thursday 26 September 2019

touchpad - reduce laptop touch pad sensitivity in ubuntu


I have Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat installed. The problem is that the tap to click feature on my touchpad is too sensitive in ubuntu. It works fine with windows. I randomly end up clicking things while moving the mouse. Its very irritating. Any solutions ? I have a HP Probook 4410s laptop.



Answer



This works for me in Ubuntu 10.10


To see what trackpad you've got and what it's called, try:


xinput list

My device is called "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad"


There are 3 finger pressure settings: low, high & press. See what their current values are with something like:


xinput list-props "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" |grep -i finger

Change the values with something like:


xinput set-prop "SynPS/2 Synaptics TouchPad" "Synaptics Finger" 50 90 255

By increasing the second parameter, you require more finger pressure for the trackpad to respond. The first parameter controls release pressure, the third is to detect a button press (I think).


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...