Thursday 19 September 2019

Dual Monitor (IGP with GPU) in Linux

I've been googling although I couldn't find an answer to this question:


How in the world can I enable both my IGP and GPU in order to have a dual monitor setup?


I've got an Intel IGP (00:02.0 Display controller: Intel Corporation 2nd Generation Core Processor Family Integrated Graphics Controller (rev 09)) and an ATI Radeon GPU with its propietary drivers. I've seen in the BIOS of my ASRock that there is some IGD Dual Display setting or something like that, but I tried enabling it and it didn't work. I tried booting using the IGP as preferred display and Fedora couldn't end booting because it said there was "no display" to use (actually, the boot process didn't continue after "[ OK ] Reached target graphical interface" so I entered terminal mode and executed startx which said that there was no monitor to use). I am using an Intel Core i5-2310 CPU so I assume I do have this new Intel technology of being able to use the IGP and the GPU. What's going on?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...