Monday 5 August 2019

wireless networking - Giving my PC the same MAC address of my Android phone

I want my PC to replace my Android phone in a local wireless network from MAC Address point of view. In other words changing my PC’s MAC address to be exactly the same as the MAC address of my Android phone.


I could not perform this even when I change the PC MAC address manually using Regedit by creating and setting NetworkAddress entry in the related driver. It seems to me that the operating system refuses the new MAC value (first two digit) written in the registry and go back to network adapter ROM and re-read the original MAC during the adapter reboot; adapter disabling and re-enabling.



  • How could somebody explain that?

  • Does somebody have any suggestion to resolve the original issue: Replacing the phone by PC in getting in to the network.


NOTE: Of course I am not trying to make them connect together to the network.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...