Saturday 3 August 2019

ssd - Solid-State-Drives for Improved Performance

I feel the need, the need for speed:


I have a 14 MB SSIS package, and every time I run it in debug mode, it takes forever and a half to start executing. Most of the time is spent saving before it runs - If I save the package manually before it runs, it starts up instantly.


Save + Run - 20 seconds


(Presaved) Run - 9 seconds


I'm thinking I reduce my development time by a good chunk of that 11 seconds by using a hybrid Solid State Drive like Jeff recommends here.


http://www.codinghorror.com/blog/2010/09/revisiting-solid-state-hard-drives.html


Does anyone have any good experience with these drives in terms of saving on Compile time?


Do you install your OS on these drives or is this strictly a D drive?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...