Friday 2 August 2019

iso image - ISO file much smaller than extracted data


How come ISO file with installation of MSVS 2010 Express (All-in-one ISO) is 693MB compared to when I mount the ISO, copy all the contents to folder on disk and that folder is 1.6 GB? If zipped this 1.6 GB folder goes down to 1.55 GB archive.


What I am missing? I thought ISO is just a image without compression. Thanks!



Answer



ISO files can contain multiple references (by filename) to identical files in different folders. The ISO file itself only contains one copy of the file.


Upon extraction, duplicate identical files are being created.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...