Sunday 4 August 2019

drivers - Windows 10 Upgrade has 100% Cpu Usage on startup

Edit: I've reverted back to windows 7 because the owner of the laptop needed it back and so I couldn't continue to work on it.


After upgrading a hp pavilion dm4-2181nr laptop from windows 7 x64 to windows 10 the cpu usage is pegged at 100% every time that the computer starts. The cpu usage show windows services using all the cpu or it's system interrupts. I've tried installing hp support assistant but that keeping hanging on gathering more information. The wifi/ethernet are spotty as well. Also the computer settings and windows menu are not accessible at all at times.


My intuition is that there are driver issues but I haven't been able to either find the drivers on HP's website or been able to run the HP support assistant to update the drivers that way.


So my questions are these:



  1. What might be causing the high cpu usage and how can I fix it? I've disabled the majority of startup programs.

  2. How can I manually download drivers? I haven't been able to find a way on google yet.


Note that this is a friends laptop and he did the upgrade from windows 7 to 10 so I don't know what he may have done wrong during the update. Also because of the various problems outlined above getting screenshots are quite difficult. I'll update with pictures as I'm able to get them.


Edit: System interrupt


System Event Log for Past Hour: Critical and Error


Service Host

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...