Saturday 20 July 2019

Windows 10 Shows Orange Screen with White Vertical Lines on boot


Orange Screen (See picture below) appears on boot after Dell loading screen.



  • Dell Inspiron 580 w dual monitors

  • Dell Bios is latest version (A07)

  • Nvidia GeForce 310 (Driver version 341.95 - latest)

  • BitLocker enabled with no TPM

  • Hyper-V enabled


Surprisingly, I can key in my BitLocker password at this orange screen and startup Windows... (O_o)\


If I suspend BitLocker this screen does not appear; but after I enabled it, the orange screen comes back again.


I found these messages in Event Log, maybe they will be helpful:




  • (Warning) The driver \Driver\WudfRd failed to load for the device ROOT\WPD\0000.




  • (Error) The required GPU resources could not be accessed. This server cannot run as a RemoteFX host without a GPU. Verify that the GPU is correctly installed.




Orange Screen of Death?!?


Screenshot of Disk Management


Disk Management



Answer




This update fixed my orange screen on BitLocker boot screen.


Beware: Updating took a few restarts and about 2-3 hours on my machine.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...