Thursday 11 April 2019

Why do I need Windows XP mode in Windows 7?

Tomorrow on 15th of July Microsoft is staring pre-order of Windows 7. I compared the three editions ("Which one is right for you?") for me. The main difference is "Windows XP Mode" in Professional and "switch between languages" in Ultimate.


I don't need to switch between languages (this means no Ultimate). So the main question "Why do I need Windows XP Mode in Windows 7?". Serious, what are the advantages of running Windows XP in a virtual machine under Windows 7? Do I really need that? Or is it only for people still using 10 year old applications which will never be upgraded to Windows 7? There is no sense to me.


Or do I also have the possibility to run a UNIX OS in the virtual machine of Windows 7, so I can also start UNIX applications on my Windows Desktop?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...