Thursday 18 April 2019

If I buy the Windows 8 Pro upgrade, can I do multiple fresh installs?


My understanding is that when I first upgrade, I can choose to upgrade as a fresh install.


If I want to do another fresh install in the future, can I do that? I tend to reinstall Windows every 1-3 years, to get back to a clean system.


If it makes a difference, I am running an OEM version of Windows 7 Home.



Answer



You can use the refresh feature of Windows 8 and you can do it any number of times :)


enter image description here


When you reset, the following steps happen



  • The PC boots into the Windows Recovery Environment (Windows RE).

  • Windows RE erases and formats the hard drive partitions on which Windows and personal data reside.

  • Windows RE installs a fresh copy of Windows.

  • The PC restarts into the newly installed copy of Windows.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...