Saturday 25 January 2020

windows 7 - Swapping Hard Drives And Moving Data

So my hard drive is failing, and I'm getting a new one. I just did a fresh install of Win7 a few months ago, and I since it's a relatively fresh install, I was hoping I can just move my data to the new drive. I know there are many software programs that clone/backup drives, but I have a copy of TrueImage 2010, and I would like to use that (but I am open to better options). Below is my plan. I would like to know if there's a flaw in it so I can catch it before the point of no return (i.e., I got a new drive installed, but no way to restore my data).




  • Backup my C: drive with TrueImage (It won't let me use the "Clone" feature since it does not detect 2 drives on my machine).




  • Install new drive




  • Partition drive (?)




  • Use the TrueImage Boot Disc to restore from backup



No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...