Wednesday 29 January 2020

Telnet error when connecting from Windows to Unix


When I try to connect through telnet from a Windows system to Unix, I am not able to connect. I am getting this log error. Is this related to a firewall issue, or anything I need to mention in the etc\service file?


"Telnet is busy with its port23"

Does that mean that telnet is not properly working, or do I need to mention a different name here?



Answer



This looks like a network issue, not a telnet one. Either your Windows firewall (or any other you are using) is blocking telnet, or your router is configured to block it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...