Thursday 30 January 2020

vim - jVi alternative that supports .vimrc

Considering that jVi does not support .vimrc files, what alternatives do we have that do support .vimrc files? Specifically, I have many handy insert-mode mappings that I would prefer not to give up, such as this:


inoremap kk A

Additionally, there are some mappings that I could live without, but I think that I will need real VIM for, such as this:


inoremap hh ?\%=line('.')l\({}\\|\[]\\|<>\\|><\\|()\\|""\\|''\\|>\)?s+1

Note: I know that the question of VIM keybindings in Netbeans / Eclipse / any IDE comes up often enough, but in this question I am not asking about VIM keybindings, but rather about .vimrc specifically, or better yet real VIM embedded in Netbeans. I have not seen this facet addressed in any other of the myriad of ostensibly-similar posts.


I have looked at Vi Vim for netbeans / ViEx, vim for netbeans, and others. Apparently VIM includes a socket interface for integration into an IDE which is interestingly enough called "netbeans". The help file for this feature lists a few projects, but is terribly out of date. The only project that still seems active from that file is PIDA but their website is down.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...