Thursday 30 January 2020

input languages - How do I remove English (US) from Windows 8.1?

I've got a slightly annoying problem. My locale is English (UK), but occasionally my keyboard randomly switches to English (US) on Windows 8.1. I see that the task bar has a language selector, which when I click on it displays two languages:



Most of the time it stays on UK, but occasionally randomly switches to US. When I go into the Language section of the control panel, only English UK exists:



In Advanced Settings I've specifically set the input method to be English (UK), but English (US) persists in its obstinate existence.


Why is the 'US keyboard' there? How do I get rid of it?


edit There is only one language listed under 'input settings':


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...