Sunday 26 January 2020

git - How can I merge two branches without losing any files?


I have two branches with the following files in there:


branch a:


file_a
file_b
file_c

branch b:


file_a
file_d
file_e

I want to merge them, so that I get both files from a and b (and files that exist in both should normally be merged)! is that possbile?



Answer



this might help: http://git-scm.com/book/en/Git-Branching-Basic-Branching-and-Merging


in your case you would do the following:



  • git checkout a (you will switch to branch a)

  • git merge b (this will merge all changes from branch b into branch a)

  • git commit -a (this will commit your changes)


take a look at above link to get the full picture.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...