Saturday 25 January 2020

How can I hyperlink from PowerPoint to Excel, linking to a specific tab and named range or cell?


How can I hyperlink from PowerPoint to Excel, linking to a specific tab and named range or cell and make it stick?


I am successful in creating the Hyperlinking and obtaining the desired results, however after I save the PowerPoint file, it deletes the tab and named range that were included in the Hyperlink.


As an example:



C:\#!



. This works great as entered and links properly until I save the PowerPoint file.


After a save, it truncates the hyperlink after file name. It opens the Excel file to the last saved location.



Answer



Here is how i did it:



  • Copy your cell/range in excel

  • Go to powerpoint and click on Paste > Paste special

  • Select paste link on the left

  • Select attach hyperlink


Save the file and you are good to go.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...