Friday 31 January 2020

ubuntu - Where does Okular store the PDF annotations?


I am using Okular in Ubuntu 11.04 as it has support to annotations and is faster to do a quick find across large documents. The annotations are not stored in the document, but are stored as metadata in some folder. I would like to know where Okular stores the metadata, so that I can create a symlink in Dropbox so that my annotations to the PDF are automatically backed up.


The answer to the below query mentions the location of the metadata in KDE, but I am using GNOME.


Where does okular store it's metadata



Answer



Update (thanks to @fifaltra for pointing me to it, see the comments)


The new annotation place is:



~/.local/share/okular



they were previously stored by default in xml files located in



~/.kde/share/apps/okular/docdata



or better



$(kde4-config --localprefix)/share/apps/okular/docdata/



regardless of the fact you're using gnome or not.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...