Wednesday 30 October 2019

Working bootable CD now suddenly freezes at starting point

I have a strange problem with a bootable CD I created that uses floppy disk 1.44MB emulation. The PC originally worked with it just fine and booted from the CD several times from the prior occasions I used it. Now for some strange reason it decides to freeze at the point where it displays the following text on the screen and does not proceed further:



Boot from ATAPI CD-ROM
1. FD 1.44MB System Type-(00)



If I put in a Linux bootable installation CD, it boots that without any issues. Every time I stick this custom made bootable CD in it pulls this freezing act. Has anyone experienced this or knows how to correct the problem?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...