Sunday 27 October 2019

networking - Why can't a single Ethernet cable carry 2 independent connection?

A Ethernet cable has 4 pairs of data lines. In normal conditions only two pairs are used, one as a Tx pair and another as Rx pair. So two pairs are left unused. Is it possible to make use of these 2 pairs to carry another independent connection?


Of course I am expecting some obstacles. Maybe it will lead to a lot of noise and subsequent signal degradation. Can this be avoided by using a different color code?


It should be noted that I am not using Gigabit hardware. I just have 10 Mbps. So if I give this a try, will my connection speed be further reduced?


Another reason why this solution will be great is because I have only one power outlet in my room.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...