Monday 28 October 2019

Is it possible to determine which version of windows XP goes with a licence key?

Is it possible to determine which version of windows XP goes with a licence key?


If so, how?


Full story. I got a windows xp licence key from MSDNAA while in college. I also got a Windows7 at the same time. I've only every used the Windows 7 and but now I'd like to use my XP key on a second box. I installed the box with a windows xp pro SP2 disk I had lying around, but it won't take the key.


Do I need an MSDNAA specific disk?
Should I try with XP Home?


I have some old OEM windows xp disks and keys but I've been told they will only work on Dell MoBo's (the computer is actually using a DELL HDD, DVD drive, and case, but the rest is new).

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...