Friday 25 October 2019

mac - How to open a page in Chrome from the command line, in a new tab or an existing tab as appropriate?

I'm looking for a way to open a given page in Google Chrome from the command line, with the following behaviour:



  • If the given page is already open in a tab, navigate to that tab

  • If the given page is not already open in a tab, open the page in a new tab and show that tab


Currently when I open a URL from the command line (e.g. using "open http://godzillahaiku.tumblr.com" on Mac OS X), Chrome will always open the URL in a new tab. I end up with lots of duplicate tabs as a result, which is a minor annoyance.


I'm looking for a solution that works on Mac OS X, but a non-OS specific solution would be preferable.


I'd consider writing a Chrome extension for this if there's no existing solution.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...