Tuesday 29 October 2019

usb flash drive - chkdsk /r issue for my pendrive - Insufficient disk space to recover lost data after agreeing to recover lost chains

today when I used my pendrive on my laptop I got this error -> "The files or directory is corrupted and unreadable" for all the files in a specific folder (about 2.5 gb of data)


googled the problem and followed the instructions online to use chkdsk to recover my data.


chkdsk /r command on cmd to recover the lost data. It ran for a while and found some inconsistencies. Then it asked me if I wanted to convert lost chains to files. I typed in yes and it gave me an error saying there is insufficient disk space to recover lost data. Here is the output :


C:\Users\Abhinav>chkdsk /r f:
The type of the file system is FAT32.
Volume Serial Number is 7A75-F6C6
Windows is verifying files and folders...
File and folder verification is complete.
Convert lost chains to files (Y/N)? y
Insufficient disk space to recover lost data.
2070416 KB in 513300 recovered files.
Windows is verifying free space...
Free space verification is complete.

Windows found problems with the file system that could not be corrected.
7,953,572 KB total disk space.
480 KB in 82 hidden files.
1,172 KB in 191 folders.
428,832 KB in 20,925 files.
5,492,908 KB are available.

4,096 bytes in each allocation unit.
1,988,393 total allocation units on disk.
1,373,227 allocation units available on disk.

Now my pendrive has a new folder named FOUND.000 that has .CHK files I used Recuva afterwards to recover my files but it could not recover the files. Please help!

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...