Thursday 24 October 2019

How do I get that nice inline-quote indicator in Outlook 2010 when replying to emails?


Outlook 2010 (beta). I like responding to email inline-style, where there is an indicator (typically a gray vertical bar, |) denoting the quoted content.


Not sure if I can attach an image, but will give text example:


This is some email content.

| This is a quote from the original email

This is my response to that quote

| | This denotes a nested quote from a previous message

And another inline response.

I just got an email from someone who replied inline with this same style, but I can't for the life of me find what format option in the Ribbon I need to do the same.


I know I can go through and do this manually with plain-text emails, but the email I am responding to accomplished this with HTML style message, and I would have to remove the formatting and then re-apply the quote style with plain-text markings.


Suggestions?



Answer





  1. Click the File tab




  2. Choose Options from the left menu




  3. Choose Mail from the left menu




  4. Scroll down for Replies and Forwards




  5. Choose your relevant options from the dropdowns. I think what you're looking for is "Prefix each line of the original message"




Prefix each line of the original message


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...