Monday 28 October 2019

windows 8.1 preview - Not receiving Toast Notifications. How to troubleshoot?


It's been about two weeks since upgrading to the Windows 8.1 Preview, and I haven't gotten a single toast from an app. There have been many restarts, and everything is up to date as far as Windows Update and the Store are concerned.


I used to get toasts from email, calendar, messaging, Skype, Xbox Live, etc. but I never get anything now, and I'm not sure how to troubleshoot.


I've tested email by making sure the program was running in the background and sending myself an email from a different address via webmail. I was never notified.


How can I troubleshoot this?



Answer



Just go to Settings charm / Change PC settings / Search & apps / Notifications and enable toast notifications for the relevant apps (toggle the setting if already enabled):


1


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...