Thursday 24 October 2019

How to send an email on event (with event details) in Windows 7


How do I send an email with event details when some event occurs in Windows 7, for example when any user logs on?


I've tried to use Event Viewer, but I haven't found out how to attach event details to the email's body.



Answer



Use the task scheduler from the (Control Panel -> Administrator's Tools). It has the option to run a script, program or action, depending on some trigger (like someone logging on, running a program etc) Here's an example setup dialog (you are interested in the event "at log on") : enter image description here


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...