Thursday 3 October 2019

How to remove an entry from Chrome's Remembered URLs from the url bar?


I've got a URL in Chrome "local.mysite.com" that autopopulates when I start typing "local.my" into the URL bar.


Note that this URL DOES NOT EXIST in my browser history (at chrome://history/#e=1&p=0) because it isn't a real site and therefore couldn't ever be successfully visited and therefore never shows up in my history.


The URL I want is "local.mysite.com/subdir/". That URL is 3 down in the suggested results because I keep accidentally hitting "enter" when it auto-suggests the unwanted first URL thus reinforcing its assumption that that is the one I want.


How do I get rid of the "local.mysite.com" entry in Chrome's memory?



Answer



Follow the steps below to remove individual items from the address bar's remembered URLs:



  1. Type local.mysite.com

  2. Use the keys to move focus to the item you wish to delete

  3. Press the relevant keys depending on which OS you are using:


Windows and Linux:



  • Press Shift + Del


macOS:



  • Press Shift + Del (when the keyboard has a dedicated Del key)

  • Press Fn + Shift + Backspace (otherwise)




info Note: this will only work for items that have the paper icon (Paper icon) next to them.


In older versions of Chrome this is a globe icon (Globe icon) instead.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...