Thursday 3 October 2019

How do I delete folders from the Windows 7 DriverStore?

I am having a problem getting a specific device to work, and I am trying to start from square one by making sure there are absolutely no leftover files from driver installs on my system. Specifically I'm trying to get rid of the UC-Logic drivers for a Monoprice 10x6 tablet.


However, I have found copies of the driver files in the windows DriverStore\FileRepository. But windows will not let me delete any folders from that location.


The best info I have found so far is to use pnputil.exe, however, since the drivers are not currently installed, it is not listed as an inf file that I can remove.


I could, as a scorched earth policy, jump into OS X and just delete them from there, but I'm worried that this may cause me issues. I would much rather find the 'proper' way of doing it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...