Sunday, 19 May 2019

windows 10 hosts file entries been commented out


Windows 10 is commenting out my hosts file entries. This happens periodically so every 1 hour.


Although I manage to save the changes but they will be commented out after around 1 hour.


I never experienced such thing on any Windows version before so maybe there is something I need to do in Windows 10 to prevent this from happening.


I have Bitdefender Total Security 2016 installed.



Answer



Sul,


Cause: Bitdefender Total Security 2016 is causing this problem


Fix: Right click on hosts file, properties, security, give only read access to "ALL APPLICATION PACKAGES" user/group.


Reference: http://www.bitdefender.com/security/hosts-file-hijacking-becomes-impossible-in-windows-8.html


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...