Saturday 25 May 2019

windows 10 - Win 10 Login Accounts Without Password

So I upgraded my parents computer to Win 10 which went well, however I want both accounts to not have passwords, and just boot to a account selection screen so they can just select which one they want to log in. In trying to set this up I've had a few problems:




  1. Using netplwiz if I check "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer", Windows automatically logs in to one of the accounts which is not what I want and doesn't seem to do what you'd think it does. None of the accounts have a password in the user account settings.




  2. In netplwiz, if I uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to use this computer" it then asks me which user I want to automatcally log in. Removing a username from this entry field then causes windows to boot up and request login information for "Other User". I have no idea where this "Other user" account comes from as there's no "Other user in the Account Settings, or in the registry (under ProfileList). This is close to what I want but the "Other user" entry is annoying, especially as it requires a input before getting to a screen where the "real" accounts can be selected.




Shown automatically at start up: enter image description here


Clicking ok then takes to this screen with other "real" user accounts are available for in bottom left corner: enter image description here


I'm starting to think it's not actually possible to do what I'm trying to do, although I find it hard to believe as it seems like something a lot of people would want.


Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...