Saturday 25 May 2019

Is Anti Virus Software needed for a Mac (OS X); If so free solution?



I have a MacBook that I use for programming and graduate school work. Since I bought it, I've not given much thought to putting an anti virus on it. I bought it about 6 months ago and for some reason, doing so has never crossed my mind until this morning.


I scanned this site (using the search feature) to find what people might recommend. I had assumed that this would have been asked already. I've not found any post related to Anti and Mac.


But, I found this post and I started questioning whether I need it or not.


Do I need an Anti Virus on my MacBook? For my Window's machines, I run AVG Anti Virus free edition. Is there a free edition (of something) for a Mac OS X based computer?



Answer



Here are two free options.



Note that iAntiVirus does not scan for Windows viruses, while this makes the scan a lot faster just be aware that you could potentially pass on something to a Windows machine.


Also be advised that ClamAVX has slow scan speeds.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...