Sunday 26 May 2019

spyware - How can I remove "Positive Finds ads" from Google search results?


I'm using Chrome on Windows 7.


When I search something on Google, I see some ads (which say "Positive Finds") above typical search results.


How can I remove this?


I've uninstalled all suspicious programs, and removed all suspicious extensions from the Chrome browser.


In the Settings tab, the startup page is set to google.com. My only search engine is Google.



Answer



Running the free version of MalwareBytes and then AdwCleaner usually remove all browser malware-caused redirections and inserted ads.


Avoid installing suspicious programs and extensions in the future, and make sure to untick all "optional offers" checkboxes when you install something. You may want to keep Unchecky running on your computer.


No comments:

Post a Comment

How can I VLOOKUP in multiple Excel documents?

I am trying to VLOOKUP reference data with around 400 seperate Excel files. Is it possible to do this in a quick way rather than doing it m...